Friday, June 14, 2013
Cars Land has become one of my favorite places at the Disneyland Resort. It's hard to believe it has only been in existence for one year -- it seems like it has always been there! I almost can't imagine Disney California Adventure without the rugged mountains forming the backdrop of Radiator Springs.
Since it's only a year old, Cars Land is still a new experience for many park goers. If you're planning to visit the Disneyland Resort this summer, it's a must-see. Cars Land is basically a recreation of Radiator Springs. All the buildings you know and love from the movie are there, from Sarge's Hut to the Cozy Cone Motel to Flo's V8 Cafe to Luigi's Casa della Tyres... even the little stop sign at the crossroads is there! It really feels like you've stepped into the Cars movies -- in fact, I've been told that some little kids ask cast members whether the Cars movies were filmed in Cars Land :)
handy-dandy Cars Land guide I wrote last year! It has an overview of what to ride, where to shop and where to eat, so you won't miss a thing. In addition, here are a few more tips I've put together to help you make the most of your visit to Cars Land:
1) Radiator Springs Racers is definitely THE Must-Do Ride of Cars Land -- in fact, it's THE Ride of Disney California Adventure and possibly of the whole Disneyland Resort! It's extremely popular, and wait times can easily reach 90 minutes or more. Even the single-rider line reaches 45 minutes!
2) If you hang around the intersection where Ramone's Body Shop, Flo's V8 Cafe and Luigi's Casa Della Tyres are situated, you might catch Lightning McQueen or Mater strolling through town! There are also some great street entertainers livening up Radiator Springs with music and dance throughout the day (check the entertainment schedule for showtimes).
3) Flo's V8 Cafe is a wonderful place to beat the midday heat. I don't know whether people think it's a fancy place to eat so they leave it alone, but I've always been able to get a table there without any problems, no matter how crowded Cars Land is. The service is actually super-quick -- you order at a counter and they serve your food up right away, then you take it to a table and get a chance to rest your tired legs. In addition, you enjoy the most wonderful view of Ornament Valley and Radiator Springs Racers while you eat!
4) Want a free Cars Land souvenir? The last time I visited Cars Land, they were handing out free buttons at each of the shops in Cars Land! All you have to do is head to Ramone's House of Body Art, Sarge's Surplus Hut or Radiator Springs Curios and ask. You may have to answer a Cars-related trivia question, but if you've seen the movies it won't be anything you can't handle. If you're stumped, ask your children! I can't guarantee that they'll have these forever -- they may just be a summer 2013 promotional item -- but it never hurts to ask.
5) Make sure you leave at least 2 hours (and at least 3 hours if you plan to ride the Radiator Springs Racers!) to experience everything Radiator Springs has to offer. You really auto swing by Cars Land -- I'm sure you'll be floored!
Disclosure: The Disneyland Resort provided travel, park tickets and accomodations for my recent press trip to the Disneyland Resort. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.
Labels: Disney magic