Thursday, June 13, 2013
The World of Color nighttime show is one of the most popular attractions at Disney's California Adventure Park. This 25-minute nighttime show has water fountains, laser lights, fire and projected images of Disney characters; it is so spectacular, it's well worth keeping your kids up past their bedtime to watch it. If you have a choice between the Disneyland park nighttime fireworks show and the World of Color show, I say go for the World of Color!
With such a popular attraction, you'd expect people to be staking out prime viewing spots at DCA's Paradise Bay three to four hours before showtime. Fortunately, the Disneyland Resort has figured out a way to help moms and dads avoid the boredom of sitting on a blanket for hours on end: you now need a FASTPASS ticket to view the show. Sure, you could stake out a spot if you want, but you'll be asked to leave anyway because they close Paradise Park for a couple of hours before the first World of Color show -- and they reserve the best viewing areas for FASTPASS ticket holders.
Disney FASTPASS tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis for same day World of Color showtimes. Tickets are distributed at the Disney FASTPASS Service machines used for Grizzly River Run. Learn more about how to use Disney FASTPASS Service with World of Color. So if you want to get a good spot to watch World of Color, here's how to do it:
1) Enter Disney's California Adventure Park early, and head to the World of Color Disney FASTPASS machine near Grizzly River Run.
2) You can get one World of Color FASTPASS ticket for each park admission ticket you have. Note that you will not be able to choose your showtime or viewing section; early showtimes and better viewing sections are distributed and filled up first. Once all the spots are gone, no more FASTPASS tickets will be issued.
3) Return to your designated viewing section at the time listed on your Disney FASTPASS (you may want to line up a bit earlier so you get your choice of spots within the viewing section!
Another way to get a good spot for the World of Color is to purchase a World of Color dining package. These include a fixed-course meal and access to special Reserved and Preferred viewing areas only for dining package ticket holders. The World of Color dining packages include:
1) Purchase a Prix fixe dinner at Wine Country Trattoria to receive a Reserved Viewing ticket
2) Purchase a Prix fixe lunch at Wine Country Trattoria to receive a Reserved Viewing ticket
3) Purchase a prix fixe dinner at Ariel's Grotto to receive a Reserved Viewing ticket
4) Purchase an appetizer + entree or entree + dessert at the Carthay Circle Restaurant to receive access to a Center Stage Viewing Area.
5) Pre-purchase a picnic meal online and pick up at the Sonoma Terrace at the Golden Vine Winery to receive access to the Viewing Area.
Call (714) 781-DINE for dining reservations.
Disclosure: I did not receive a sample or monetary compensation for this post. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.
Labels: Disney magic