What true blue Thomas the Tank fan hasn't dreamed of riding the rails on the Island of Sodor? Now little engineers will get their chance, because Thomas is chugging into a train station near you! This December, families can ride on a rail car pulled by a real (okay, a 15-ton replica) Thomas the Tank Engine at the Holi-Day Out With Thomas event.
This August, we had the pleasure of attending Roaring Camp Railroad's Day Out With Thomas, and we had a blast -- so we know this event is going to be a real treat. Families from all over the Bay Area look forward to Day Out With Thomas every summer, and Holi-Day Out With Thomas is going to be even more special! This time, instead of going up Bear Mountain, Thomas will be traveling through Santa Cruz, starting and ending at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. They've got all kind of fun holiday activities planned, and with their Holi-Day Out With Thomas ticket, families even get to experience some of the most popular Boardwalk attractions -- namely, the Looff Carousel and the Boardwalk Arcade!
Here's more information about the event:
The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and Roaring Camp Railroads are pleased to announce a very special holiday event - Holiday Out With Thomas! This year's Holiday Out With Thomas marks the first time everyone's favorite Number 1 engine rolls into the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
$28.00 per person (ages 2 & up) -- Ticket price includes:
- A twenty-five minute round-trip Thomas train ride departing from the Boardwalk featuring Santa and his elves, candy canes, holiday carols and a souvenir song book
- A ride on the historic Boardwalk Carousel
- Boardwalk attraction ticket good for choice of mini-golf, laser tag, or 12 arcade tokens
- "Make and take" Thomas ornament
- Photo opportunities with Sir Topham Hatt & Thomas the Tank Engine
- Other fun activities including face painting, temporary tattoos, bounce houses, and activity tables
Holi-Day Out With Thomas runs every weekend from December 3-18. I would buy my tickets early if I were you, because you get to choose the train car you ride in, and the early-bird ticket buyers get to reserve seats in the cars nearest to Thomas the Tank engine!
Disclosure: I am receiving complimentary tickets to this event to facilitate a future review. Event information was taken from the event website and is indicated in italics. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.