Friday, September 23, 2011
Each classroom in my kids' elementary school maintains a Wish List of items that the teacher would love to have: pencils, printer ink, printer paper, wipes, that sort of thing. Parents check out the Wish List and buy one or two items so that the teacher and the class can focus on learning.
One item that's always on the Wish List is disinfecting wipes. Kids are kids, and they'll always come in after recess and lunch with grubby, sticky hands that they use to pat, handle and touch everything. You can always tell a child to wash his hands in the sink, but you can't wash a desk in the sink! So having wipes in the classroom is key. Most of the time, disinfecting wipes and kids don't really go together -- think of all the chemical residue! -- but Scotch Brite has come up with a disinfecting wipe that's safe to use around kids, pets, even food. They're called Scotch Brite Botanical disinfecting wipes, and if you're buying disinfecting wipes for your child's classroom, you should check them out.
Here's some information about new Scotch-Brite wipes:
3M Scotch-Brite™ is introducing “no-rinse” Botanical Disinfecting Wipes that kill 99.9% of household germs*, kill cold & flu viruses and leave school surfaces – such as desks, tables and chairs – residue-free.
Surprisingly, most disinfecting wipes that are used in homes or schools (on any non-porous surface) require rinsing after wiping. The “no-rinse” feature found in the Scotch-Brite™ Botanical Disinfecting Wipes provide a safe and effective way to make sure your kids are able to clean and breathe easy while at home, daycare or school.
3M sent me a can of Scotch-Brite wipes to try out, and when I received them, I meant to donate the can to one of my kids' classrooms -- but after smelling them and using one of the wipes to clean up the breakfast table, I decided to keep them at home! I guess I'll just have to go back to the store for more :) Here's what I love best about them:
* This product uses CleanWell, a thyme-based formula that's safe for kids and kills germs naturally. I know and love CleanWell hand sanitizers and disinfectants, and I use them all the time on my kids, so I feel good about using these wipes around my kids.
* It doesn't smell harsh or acidic or chemical-ly (is that a word? you know what I mean). The Lemongrass scent is really mild and pleasant, and quite possibly the best-smelling wipes I've ever smelled.
* You don't have to rinse the surface off after wiping.
In the interests of being more eco-friendly, I'd love to see a Scotch Brite Botanical disinfecting spray, that can be used with a washable cloth.
The Bottom Line
Scotch-Brite Botanical disinfecting wipes are a must-have in every classroom!
Win a Scotch-Brite Back-to-School Gift Basket
One lucky Bonggamom Finds reader will win a Back-to-School Gift Basket from Scotch-Brite filled with an assortment of 3M school supplies and Scotch-Brite Botanical Disinfecting Wipes
Leave a comment on this post and share a tip for keeping your child healthy and germ-free in school. This entry must be completed before any extra entries will count.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry with a way to verify the entry (i.e. tweet link, blog post link, Facebook id, Twitter id, etc.).
1) Blog about this giveaway, making sure you include a link to the giveaway in your blog post (1 entry).
2) Write this on the Bonggamom Finds Facebook page (1 entry):
I entered the Scotch-Brite Back-to-School giveaway! http://bonggafinds.com
3) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Networked Blogs (1 entry).
4) Add the Bonggamom Finds blog button to your sidebar (1 entry).
5) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Blogger/Google Friend Connect (1 entry).
6) Follow @bonggafinds on Twitter and tweet this, up to once per day (1 entry per day):
RT @bonggafinds Enter to win a Back-to-School gift basket from Scotch-Brite! Enter at http://bonggafinds.com #giveaways
This giveaway ends at 11:59PM PST on October 7, 2011; I will draw a winner at random on October 8 and post the winner's name after he/she confirms acceptance. Continental US residents only. For additional giveaway rules, click here. Good luck!
Disclosure: I did not receive a sample or monetary compensation for this post. I received a product sample to facilitate my review, but have not been paid to review the product or give my opinions. Product information is provided by the featured company/product and is indicated in italics. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.