Disneyland Hotel Enhancements


A couple of weeks ago, I blogged about a great reason to stay at the Disneyland Resort this summer: if you stay at one of the 3 Disneyland Resort Hotels from June 3 to September 5, 2011 and receive 2 FASTPASS tickets* for each person in your travel party, per stay.

As if that weren't enough reason to stay at a Disneyland Resort hotel, here's another one -- the Disneyland Hotel is better than ever. Their brand new pool area with an amazing slide, poolside restaurant and poolside bar are so nice, you may not want to leave the hotel.

Here are the deets:
As part of an exciting renovation project, the Disneyland Hotel gets a retro theme with a contemporary twist. Along with beautiful new decor in the rooms, guests will enjoy historic and nostalgic elements of Disneyland park, circa the 1950s. In keeping with that spirit, the new Tangaroa Terrace restaurant will open this spring, along with the new bar called Trader Sam's. The tiki-inspired design and storyline for this restaurant and bar tie in thematically with the mid-century modern architecture of the Disneyland Hotel and the adjacent Dream Tower, soon to be renamed Adventure Tower.


I first saw the new Disneyland pool in early June, when I was invited to a poolside party there. This was my first view of the slide:

It was absolutely spectacular. The wall of water flowing all the way from the top of the retro-style Disneyland sign, down to the bottom of the pool, was impressive indeed. I went back to the pool area in the morning and was even more impressed:



The structure is designed to resemble a Disney Monorail station. It contains two corkscrew water slides (you climb up the stairs to the top of the structure to get to the start of the slides). I love how they incorporated the two Monorails into the slide design!

It's quite ironic: I was staying at the Grand Californian, which is something I have always wanted to do, and now that I was actually there, all I wanted to do was stay at the Disneyland Hotel again so I could try out that amazing slide! When my kids saw these photos they were so excited, it was all I could do to stop them from booking a stay at the Disneyland Hotel themselves!


Disclosure: I received a media invitation to attend a party at the newly renovated Disneyland Hotel pool and was given a tour of their special themed suites. Transportation, lodging and park tickets were provided by Disneyland Resort Public Relations. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.



0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada