Thursday, April 07, 2011
Great news! Today Leapfrog is debuting their first-ever app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch! It's called Scout’s ABC Garden, and it's a fun way to help kids learn their letters when they're on the go.
Here's more information about the app (you can also go to leapfrog.com/apps):
Swipe. Tap. Fun!
With the 'Scout's ABC Garden' app kids can explore Scout’s garden by touching and triggering fun and delightful sounds and animations like interactive clouds, bubbles, ticklish gophers, and Scout and Violet’s virtual radio that plays traditional kid-favorite songs. Kids can even rub Scout’s or Violet’s belly to hear a song with their name, or grow their own letter garden.
Other key aspects of the app include:
· A is for Achievement. The app is customized to each child's level of learning, helping every child learn about letters and sounds at his or her own pace.
· B is for Bragging. Alerted when learning happens, proud parents can also share in their child’s learning achievements. With each accomplished goal, not only does the child receive a badge or trophy, but parents are alerted to their child’s achievement which they can then celebrate and share via social channels, including Facebook.
· C is for Customization. A main ingredient of the app’s appeal is its deep level of personalization. With the capacity to hold up to three profiles, a parent can customize the app for different children, including their favorite foods, colors and animals, so each can experience unique gameplay.
The 'Scout's ABC Garden' app is available for $3.99 from the App Store on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
Unfortunately I don't own an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch -- pleeeeze Leapfrog, hurry up with the Android version -- but my loss is your gain! Instead of testing the app, I'm giving it away! Leapfrog has generously provided three downloads of Scout's ABC Garden to give away here.
Win a download of Scout's ABC Garden
Three lucky Bonggamom Finds readers will receive a code good for a free download of Scout's ABC Garden, Leapfrog's new app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Leave a comment on this post and share a tip for helping your child learn his letters. This entry must be completed before extra entries qualify.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry with a way to verify the entry (i.e. tweet link, blog post link, Facebook id, Twitter id, etc.).
1) Subscribe to Bonggamom Finds updates (1 entry).
2) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Networked Blogs (1 entry).
3) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Blogger(1 entry).
4) Write this on the Bonggamom Finds Facebook page (1 entry):
I entered the Leapfrog app giveaway! http://ht.ly/4vunV
5) Write this on the Leapfrog Facebook page wall (1 entry):
I entered to win a download for a free "Scouts ABC Garden" app! Three winners will be chosen, enter by 4/21 on Bonggamom Finds! http://ht.ly/4vunV
6) Follow Leapfrog on Twitter and tweet this, up to once per day (1 entry per day, leave a comment with the tweet link for each tweet):
Enter to win a download of Scouts ABC Garden fr @leapfrog ! 3 winners will be chosen at @bonggafinds http://ht.ly/4vunV #giveaways
7) Join any of the open giveaways on Bonggamom Finds (1 entry for every giveaway you've joined).
This giveaway ends at 11:59PM PST on April 21, 2011; I will draw a winner at random on April 22 and post the winner's name after the winner confirms acceptance. Continental US residents only. For additional giveaway rules, click here. Good luck!
Disclosure: I did not receive a sample or monetary compensation for this post. Thank you to Leapfrog for providing the giveaway prize. Product information is provided by Leapfrog and is indicated in italics. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.