You've got to Taste This chicken tinga!



I asked Alfie to choose a dish from Taste This! to try, and this is what he chose. I had never heard of Chicken Tinga before, but since then I've learned that tinga is shredded meat (pork, chicken) cooked with tomatoes and sweet onions. It's Mexican in origin and it's wonderful as a filling for tacos or empanadas. I have a confession to make: I left out a crucial ingredient -- the chipotle pepper that gives it a distinctly smoky flavor. My kids are just not into spicy food; I'm hoping they'll, uh, warm up to it as they grow older. For now, I left out the chipotle and sprinkled some paprika instead. And everyone devoured it anyway.

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada