Wednesday, February 11, 2009
My first thought when I saw Label Daddy's BlogHer '09 contest instructions: Here's a wild idea: I'll definitely get my entry noticed if I post a photo of myself with Label Daddy labels plastered all over my naked self. Two seconds later, I rejected the idea. All you pervs out there, it's not happening, and here's why:
1) My body is, uh, not small, and it would cost a lot of money to buy enough Label Daddy labels to cover it entirely, thereby negating any savings I might enjoy by winning the full sponsorship to BlogHer 09.
2) I've been pregnant with twins. I could balance a plate on top of my gigantic stomach. You can't stretch skin that far and expect to bounce back without a tummy tuck. Or Angelina Jolie's genes. Not pretty, people. And so not the best product placement move for Label Daddy.
3) These Label Daddy labels are meant to last, so they don't come away easily. I don't exactly relish the thought of stripping away each and every label afterwards. Ouch! The alternative, leaving them on, is just as unpalatable. Especially given that upcoming PTA meeting next week.
So enough about that idea. Let's talk about Label Daddy's Peel-and-Stick, washable labels instead. Here are ten reasons why I heart Label Daddy's labels:
10) Because the kids drive me crazy fighting over their toys.
9)Because Pea is constantly bringing home other people's pencil cases/books/ballet shoes.
8) Because I do NOT like sewing. Or ironing.
7) Because there are some things we CANNOT afford to lose.
6) Because I want my kids to know which sippy cup on the picnic table to sip from.
5) Because I sometimes can't tell my twins apart.
4) Because on bad days I can barely even remember my own name.
3) Because my husband needs a way to let my admirers know I'm taken.
2) Because I don't want to hitchhike my way to BlogHer.
And the number one reason I Heart Label Daddy.....
1) Because Label Daddy Hearts Bloggers too. (cue soundtrack: *awwwwwwwwww*......). Thanks, Label Daddy , for sponsoring this wonderful BlogHer 09 contest and giving bloggers like me something to dream about!