Tuesday, January 27, 2009
This month, along with twenty-four other bloggers, I'm joining Quaker Oats in promoting Start With Substance, a campaign to donate a million bowls of oatmeal to feed hungry children in the US -- and I'm giving away one of the yummiest things you can make from oatmeal, namely some oatmeal peanut butter cookies -- in particular, Girl Scout DoSiDo cookies. Why DoSiDo's?
* Because everybody loves Girl Scout Cookies. Okay, they're not as healthy as a bowl of oatmeal, but at least they're trans-fat free, and the peanut butter in them is safe to eat.
* Because The Pea wants to sell 150 boxes of Girl Scout cookies -- good luck with that, my darling -- and this is a great reason to add one more box to her order list.
With that said, here's how you can win a box of mouth-watering Girl Scout DoSiDo cookies:
1) Go to Quaker's Facebook page and enter the UPC code from your favorite Quaker Oats product. Actually, you don't even need to have bought a Quaker Oats product. Just type in 030000013809 (that's five zeros between the 3 and the 1, in case you don't want to count). Then come back here and leave a comment to say you've done it. There's no way I can check, so I'm taking your word for it.
2) For FIVE extra entries, go to Quaker's Facebook page, download a photo of the Quaker Man, and have your photo taken with it. Then upload it to the Quaker Facebook page. Then go to my Quaker Oats post and leave a comment with the link to your photo. Then come back here and leave 5 comments, telling me you've done it. OK, that was kind of complicated but I have faith in your ability to follow my convoluted instructions. Just remember to leave a comment on my Quaker Oats post as well as this post!
3) You get an extra entry each for: blogging about this contest *or* twittering about this contest *or* following me on Twitter. Leave a separate comment for each extra entry you qualify for (and please leave the link as well).
4) This contest is only open to continental US addresses.
5) This contest will end at midnight EST on February 10, 2009. I will draw a winner from the eligible comments and post the winner's name on February 11.
Only one person can win the cookies, but think of all those hungry children who end up winners if you join!
This giveaway is part of the Bloggy Giveaways January Carnival; head on over for more great giveaways!