Why every Disney fan needs a Disney Visa Card



How is it possible that it took me this long to become aware of the Disney Visa Card?  I guess I've always known that Disney does have a branded credit card, but I didn't realize that it was such a great deal for people who like to visit Disney parks. You can actually earn money to spend at Disney and help offset the cost of your Disney vacation!  I'm going to add the Disney Visa Card to my list of tips for saving money at a Disney park! I recently applied for (and received) a Disney Visa Card; here's a list of reasons you should apply for one too:

Fabulous introductory offers
The offer that finally convinced me to get a Disney Visa card was the $200 gift card offer -- charge at least $500 to your Disney Visa card in your first 3 months and you get a $200 Disney gift card!  How easy is that?  I use my credit cards for everything, so I can rack up $500 in a week!  I've also seen introductory offers for a $100 Disney gift card and a $50 Disney gift card, which are still pretty sweet deals. Obviously the $200 gift card is the best offer, but I can't guarantee you'll get the same offer when you apply.

Earn Disney Dollars for every purchase
Every purchase made with the Disney Visa earns you 1% in Disney Dollars.  You can start redeeming your Disney Dollars in the form of a Disney gift card when you've made at least $2,000 in purchases (and accumulated at least $20 in Disney Dollars).  You'll be surprised how quickly you can earn Disney Dollars that you can spend at the Disney Store or in Disney Parks!  I've been using my card for less than a month, and I've already earned about $50 (like I said, I charge everything to my card).


Get Disney discounts and perks
Disney Visa Cardmembers get a LOT of special perks year-round, including:
  • discounts on select merchandise at the Disney Store
  • discounts on restaurants at the Disney locations
  • discounts on park guided tours
  • 0% financing on Disney Vacations and special financing rates on Disney Vacation Club
  • Disney Cruise shipboard credits, 
  • character meet-and-greets
... and more.  For a full list of perks (plus terms and limitations), go to the Disney Visa Rewards website

Special character meet-and-greet sessions
This perk is so cool, it deserves its own paragraph! Disney Visa Cardmembers get a special meet-and-greet character session AND a free 5x8 souvenir photo.  You can do this once per day. Per day!! The Disneyland Visa meet-and-greet is located in DCA's Hollywood Land, and it is open between 10:30am and 1:30pm.

When I was there, the characters alternated between Daisy, Stitch, and Minnie, changing every 20 minutes.  I highly recommend getting there early, because the wait can get long. Yes, only Cardmembers can line up, but Cast Members let them spend more time with the character so it's a more personal (but time-consuming) experience.


Limited time perks
In addition to the year-round perks, Cardmembers get special limited time perks such as special ticket packages for Aladdin on Broadway, discounts with the Disney Movie Club, and limited edition trading pins just for Cardmembers. I couldn't resist taking advantage of the trading pin offer, and bought a 2015 Disney Visa exclusive Captain Hook's Treasure Chest pin.  The pin features Hook and Smee, and it has flashy jewels and "Visa Cards from Chase" printed on the pirate flag.  It's so cool, and I can't wait to see the 2016 version!


Adorable credit card designs
You love Mickey on your shirts, mugs, hats, bags... why not on your credit card! I went with a classic Mickey design, but there are other cute card designs featuring Minnie, Cars, Toy Story, Tinkerbell, Nemo, the Fab Five, and more.


No Annual Fee
You get all these benefits, with no annual fee!

If you like Disney, and especially if you like going on Disney vacations, the Disney Visa card is a no-brainer.  The only question is whether you should get the Classic (no annual fee) Visa card or the Premier Visa card, which has a $50 annual fee, but earns you 2% for purchases made at restaurants, gas stations, groceries, and Disney locations. The Premier Visa also lets you redeem your reward points for airline travel.  Using a Disney Visa Card to help offset the cost of your Disney vacation is a great money saving tip, and it's one that I intend to add to any list of tips I offer for ways to save money on a Disney vacation!

Disclosure: I did not receive a sample or monetary compensation for this post. . The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

Pin It

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada