Thursday, April 02, 2015
Spring Break is almost here! While I'm looking forward to a more relaxed schedule, having the kids at home for a week (we're not going anywhere) can drive stay-at-home parents crazy! Here are some tips I have for stay-at-home parents for keeping yourself sane during Spring Break:
1) Playdates, playdates, playdates. Find other families that are enjoying staycations during spring break and trade off playdates so you get a few hours of peace and quiet.
2) Spring break camps. Many places offer spring break camps that last 1, 3, or 5 days.
3) Day trips. Break the monotony by doing something fun. You can go on a mini road trip for the day, or stay close to home -- go to a museum, an amusement park, a movie.
4) Relax your schedule. It's okay to occasionally let your kids veg out in front of the tv or video game console for hours!
5) Make time for yourself. On a day when it's just you and the kids at home, schedule a few hours dedicated to playing with the kids, and during that time, be there -- don't spend it checking your phone! Then schedule a few hours for yourself. Curl up with a book while they're watching tv, or take a long, hot shower. Don't forget the luxurious body wash! Personally, just inhaling the fragrance of a good body wash relaxes me every time. Check out the Softsoap Fresh & Glow body wash line, with great fragrances and moisturizers. They're great for my skin and amazing for my state of mind!
Made with 100% real extracts sourced from milk, coconuts and almonds.
The unique formula is proven to lock-in long-lasting moisture to hydrate skin leaving it soft and radiant.
Softsoap® BRAND Fresh & Glow Exfoliating Fruit Polish
Made with a 100% real extract sourced from kiwi and orange.
The unique formula is packed with apricot seeds that exfoliate, giving you smooth healthy-looking skin.
Disclosure:I received a product sample to facilitate my review, but have not been paid to review the product or give my opinions. Product information (in italics) is provided by Softsoap. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.