Try Authentic Mexican Tamales from Del Real


Del Real tamales

My family loves Mexican food, and we arere lucky to live in California, home to some of the best Mexican food in the US. But there are times when I can't be bothered to eat out. I can whip up an enchilada casserole or taco spread, but I just can't get that authentic taste -- plus, there are just some dishes I won't even try to make, like tamales or chile rellenos.

Enter Del Real Foods.  You may have seen their carnitas at CostCo; they're a family-owned business that specializes in authentic prepared Mexican foods. Their heat-and-serve dishes are made from scratch, with traditional ingredients, using family recipes. They're a great option for a delicious Mexican meal at home. Last week, Del Real sent us some samples of their dishes -- and boy, has it been a Fiesta in our household!  So far we've feasted on two kind of tamales, and we are definitely hungry for more.


We all love tamales, but there's no way I'm ever going to attempt making them.  It's just too much work to make the dough, wrap individual tamales in corn husks, and steam them for ages!  I don't even have a steamer!  With Del Real Tamales, I don't have to. They come in packs of 6, and all you have to do is cover them with a wet paper towel and heat them in the microwave.


Del Real tamales are sooooo delicious!  The dough is soft and moist, the meat is tender (we've tried their chicken and pork tamales), and the sauce is flavorful. They are surprisingly filling, so just 1 tamale (or 1.5 if you're really hungry) with a scoop of guacamole and a salad will fill you up nicely. These tamales freeze well, and leftovers will keep in the fridge for about 3 days -- not that you'll ever have leftovers.

Del Real Tamales come in 6 varieties: Beef, Cheese & Green Chile, Chicken in Green Sauce, Chicken in Red Sauce, Pork, and Sweet Corn. You can find them online at www.mexgrocers.com and in select grocery stores like Safeway, CostCo, (check their online store locator). I'm definitely going to be hunting down Del Real tamales from now on -- I've found my go-to heat-and-eat Mexican food!


Disclosure: I received a product sample to facilitate my review. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

Pin It

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada