Sending 3 kids off to school is no small achievement -- especially after you've spent 10 weeks with practically no schedule or organization. We've spent the summer waking up at 9, staying in our PJ's until noon, and clearing out the breakfast dishes at 4! Making the transition back to our super-oiled, super-efficient schedule is not going to be easy. Here are some great tools that can make going back to school much, much easier:
1) I like to label everything -- backpacks, lunch boxes, containers, water bottles, jackets, pencil cases, everything! Not only does it help identify my kids' stuff at school, it helps establish ownership at home. No more fighting about who owns that drawing pad! I like to use laminated labels for items that go in the dishwasher or washing machine, but those can be quite costly! So for notebooks, binders, pencils and other small items, I'm happy with stickers like the ones from Tiny Prints. They are much more inexpensive but are still super cute.
2) I keep track of the whole family's activities on my online calendar, but I still keep a master calendar in the kitchen. I think it's good training for their own organizational skills to enter their own activities into the calendar, and there is no way I want them messing with my online calendar! I like using customizable calendars filled with photos of places we went to and things we did the year before. It's fun looking back and reliving those memories!
3) As a blogger, I always have some business cards handy, but as a parent -- and more importantly, as this year's PTA co-president! -- I think I need to have some contact cards handy as well. It's so much easier (and it makes me look so much more organized) to pull out a contact card rather than scribble my name and number on the back of a napkin when I meet a new teacher or new parent!
4) I don't use planners, but I know many people who swear by them. The Pea started using one in 4th grade and has been using planners ever since (speaking of The Pea, this summer she made her first set of contact cards and gave them to her new friends from summer camp. She's excited to give more away to all the new friends she's bound to make this school year!).
You can find all of the products I mentioned above at Tiny Prints, your one-stop shop for fun, fabulous back-to-school stationary products like name stickers, contact cards, calendars, planners, notebooks, emergency contact cards, lunch box notes, note cards, allergy cards and more.
Want to try some of these adorable Tiny Prints products? Here are 3 ways you can win some:
Join Resourceful Mommy and Tiny Prints in a #TinyPrintsSchool Pinning Party™! It starts at 2:00 PM EST on August 5, and you can RSVP at http://resourcefulmommy.com/12619/tiny-prints-back-to-school-pinning-party-tablet-giveaway/. Prizes include Tiny Prints products, and for one lucky grand prize winner, an iPad!
The Tiny Prints Back to School Pin It to Win It Pinterest sweepstakes will be held from 8/5-8/28! Go to http://bit.ly/BackToSchoolSweeps for details and to enter.
Win a Tiny Prints Back to School Gift Pack
One lucky Bonggamom Finds reader will win an assortment of personalized Back to School products from Tiny Prints! The gift pack includes:
- 5 sets of 24 gift tag stickers
- 1 – 5x8 lined notebook
- 100 – mommy/play date/contact cards
The prize includes free shipping for US addresses.
Visit the Tiny Prints Back to School Page, then leave a comment on this post with a description of or link to your favorite Tiny Prints Back-to-School product.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry with a way to verify the entry (i.e. tweet link, blog post link, Facebook id, Twitter id, etc.).
1) Follow bonggamom on Blogger (1 entry)
2) Follow bonggamom on Instagram (1 entry)
3) Follow bonggamom on Pinterest (1 entry)
4) Pin this giveaway on any of your Pinterest boards with the hashtags #TinyPrints and #BackToSchool (1 entry -- you can use the "Pin It" button at the bottom of this page!).
5) Visit the Tiny Prints Back to School Page and pin your favorite product on any of your Pinterest boards, with the hashtags #TinyPrints and #BackToSchool (1 entry).
I entered the Tiny Prints Back-to-School giveaway! http://ow.ly/nASOX
You could win a @tinyprints Back-to-School gift pack! Enter on @bonggafinds by 8/16 at http://ow.ly/nASOX
8) Join any open giveaway on Bonggamom Finds (1 entry for every giveaway you join)
This giveaway ends at 11:59PM PST on August 16, 2013; I will draw a winner at random on August 17 and post their name after they confirm acceptance. Continental US residents only. For additional giveaway rules, click here.
Disclosure: Giveaway prize is provided by Tiny Prints. As a thank-you for this post and giveaway, Tiny Prints is sending me a gift pack similar to the one being given away on this post. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.