Sunday, February 03, 2013
It seems like everything in the winter is dry and lifeless: the trees, the fields, your garden... your mood, your skin, your nails, your hair! There's not much we can do about Mother Nature except wait (she's pretty good at taking care of herself anyway), but there are a lot of things we can do to take care of ourselves. Getting exercise, exposure to daylight and a good night's sleep does wonders to beat the winter blues, and treating skin to lots of moisturizers and lots of glasses of water really help keep skin looking and feeling good. As for your hair, I've got a few tips from Fantasic Sams Hair Salons' Pam Kelly, on how you can keep your hair happy and looking great even amidst the cold:
· The cold and dry winter air can dehydrate hair quickly creating moisture starved hair. Give your hair a weekly treatment by using Fantastic Sams Moisturizing Masque. Your hair will love you for it!
· Don’t forget regularly scheduled trims! Cold winter temperatures can dry-out hair, creating split ends and a dull finish. Regular trims can prevent excessive damage, and make styling easier. To add immediate luster, use fantasticfinish™ Spray Shine.
· For all guys wearing their hair in the new longer-style trend, fantasticformen™ Simple Style Matte Wax will control your hair while adding texture without the stiffness that gels usually provide.
· To create perfect waves in your hair, try holding your curling iron horizontally rather than vertically and wrap the hair on the outside of the barrel. This will create mermaid waves that rock! Don’t forget to use fantasticstyle™ thermal guard to protect your hair from the hot curling iron.
You can find more hair and style tips -- along with a coupon for $10 off haircut and color! (expires 2/28/13) -- at Fantastic Sams' Facebook page. Check them out!
Win $25 to spend at Fantastic Sams
One lucky Bonggamom Finds reader will receive a $25 Fantastic Sams gift card! You can use the gift card towards a hair cut or any other service at a Fantastic Sams near you, or towards any of their Fantastic Hair products.
By the way, Fantastic Sams sent me some of their Fantastic Repair Moisturing Masque and Fantastic Finish Spray Shine, and I think they're great! Now that my hair is short, I can't bundle it up into a ponytail every morning -- I need to actually spend a bit of time making my hair look decent. A weekly Moisturizing Mask treatment in the shower (so much easier than a hot oil treatment!) keeps the dryness and split ends at bay, and just a quick spritz of the Spray Shine every morning gives my hair a finished look. Plus, they smell Fantastic!
Leave a comment on this post and tell me which Fantastic Sams haircare product you would like to try.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry with a way to verify the entry (i.e. tweet link, blog post link, Facebook id, Twitter id, etc.).
1) Follow bonggamom on Blogger (1 entry)
2) Follow bonggamom on Instagram (1 entry)
3) Follow bonggamom on Pinterest (1 entry)
4) Pin this giveaway on your Pinterest board (1 entry -- you can use the "Pin It" button at the bottom of this page!).
5) "Like Bonggamom Finds" on Facebook and write this on my wall (1 entry):
I entered the Fantastic Sam's giveaway! bit.ly/UjlLeL
6) Write this on the Fantastic Sams Facebook page (1 entry):
I entered to win a $25 Fantastic Sams gift card on Bonggamom Finds!
6) Tweet this, up to once per day (1 entry per day until giveaway end date)
RT @bonggafinds Enter to win a $25 Fantastic Sams gift card! Giveaway ends Feb 20 at bit.ly/UjlLeL
This giveaway ends at 11:59PM PST on Feb. 20, 2013; I will draw a winner at random on Feb. 21 and post their name after they confirm acceptance. Continental US residents only. For additional giveaway rules, click here.
Disclosure: I received a product sample to facilitate my review, but have not been paid to review the product or give my opinions. Haircare tips (in italics) were provided by Fantastic Sam's Salons. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.