Casual Chic with Shabby Apple


Shabby Apple is well known for their feminine, flirty, fashionable dresses. Women of all shapes and sizes can feel pretty in a Shabby Apple dress! Their holiday collection, Tinseltown, is certainly all you need to look festive and glamorous at all those holiday parties, and their vintage-style dresses are perfect for so many occasions.

However, women also need to know that Shabby Apple doesn't just make party dresses, or date dresses, or lunch-out-with-the-girls dresses. In fact, Shabby Apple dresses can be worn for no occasion at all. I'm not suggesting you should be cooking dinner in a gorgeous Madison Ave or even more casual (but equally gorgeous) Pina Colada dress, a la June Cleaver. I'm saying Shabby Apple has dresses you can go grocery shopping in, or chasing after your kids in the playground in, or hiking (okay, walking) in a forest in -- while still looking gorgeous. Here are some of my favorite casual Shabby Apple dresses:

The El Dorado -- easy, breezy and beautiful. How about that nature hike?


The Atlantic Fog -- wear this instead of your sweatpants set (it's just as comfy) and you'll be the most fashionable mom in your playgroup!

My current favorite -- the Da Vinci. In fact, I've raved about it so much that Shabby Apple actually sent me this dress so I could try it for myself! You've seen how it looks on the model above, now here's how it looks on a "real" person like me:

The Da Vinci is the cutest, most comfortable t-shirt dress ever! It's made with soft, thin jersey cotton that feels great from the first time you wear it. I've washed and worn it many times in the 4 weeks that I've owned it, and it has yet to pill or fade. The skirt does tend to cling due to static, but I've found that rubbing it down with a dryer sheet can help straighten things out. I love the puffed sleeves, a-line skirt and waistband because they give the dress a feminine touch.


Here's a photo of the dress, close up. The front kangaroo pocket keeps things casual, but you can easily dress it up (without feeling too overdressed!) with a black belt, boots, and chain necklace strand like I did. In colder weather you can add leggings or skinny jeans. You can just as easily dress it down in warmer weather by leaving out the accessories (except maybe a wide-brimmed straw hat) and slipping on a pair of flip-flops. I just know this is going to be one of my favorite summer dresses!

Last tip: I would definitely order a size down as the website recommends for this dress. The dress you see on me is a size medium, and my other Shabby Apple dresses are a size large.

Disclosure: I received a product sample to facilitate my review, but have not been paid to review the product or give my opinions. Product information is provided by the featured company/product and is indicated in italics. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada