Back to School with WordLock Text Locks



For someone with a bachelor's and master's degree in engineering, you'd think I'd be comfortable around numbers -- but I have never been able to figure out how to work a combination lock. I hate those things! Seriously: Right three times past zero…left two turns to five... I preferred to have no lock on my gym locker at all and risk having my stuff stolen (who'd want it anyway) to locking it up and not being able to open it!

For combination-lock-challenged people like me, WordLock has the ideal solution. They make pad locks, bike locks using words instead of numbers. How brilliant is that? It's way easier to remember a single word than a number!

When WordLock invited me to check out their WordLock Text Lock, I agreed immediately -- not only because it sounds like a great idea, but because I already know from experience that they're great. At the beginning of summer, I saw some WordLock four-letter combination bike locks at Target, and I immediately bought them for 3Po and Jammy own. They've been using the locks to secure their bikes ever since, without needing any help from me to remember their WordLock passwords, so I was eager to check out the padlock version.


About WordLock Text Lock

You probably don’t remember your high school locker combination. Was it 12-37-20? Or was it 21-37-2? With WordLock’s new text lock, you surely won’t forget all the times you L-O-Led during drama class or how you became B-F-Fs with Jake in 11th grade. WordLock's new spin on the right-left-right combination locks uses well-known acronyms and abbreviations that you'll remember for a lifetime. WordLock F-T-W. Forget it! Wordlock is the new style of friendly, easy-to-use padlocks for recreation, storage, travel and commercial uses. Perfect for school lockers or the gym, toolboxes, sheds, job sites and anywhere else you need a solid, secure indoor/outdoor padlock. This back-to-school season, students will no longer need to remember long numerical locker combinations and can instead use the easy-to-remember three-letter phrases that they are already using such as: L-O-L, F-B-I or O-M-G. The new, secure WordLock® Text Lock (MSRP $5.99) makes it possible to have an easy to remember personal word combination. With a revolutionary new design and feel, the Text Lock comes preset with a three letter password that is in line with today’s lingo and easy to remember. WordLock Text Locks are now available at several retailers nationwide including Walgreens, Walmart, Office Max, ACE Hardware and Dick’s Sporting Goods and online at WordLock.com and Amazon.com.


WordLock Text Lock is just as easy to use as our WordLock bike locks! The password is pre-set (you cannot set it to a word of your choosing) and it's much easier to remember than a numerical combination. The lock itself feels heavy, sturdy and durable. The kids don't have lockers at school so we're using it to padlock our outdoor shed holding our buzz saw and other dangerous equipment. While I don't think this lock will stop a determined thief with a crowbar (and that's probably not what it's meant for anyway), I feel pretty secure that it's safe against petty vandals and curious kids.

Disclosure: I received a product sample to facilitate my review, but have not been paid to review the product or give my opinions. Product information is provided by WordLock and is indicated in italics. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada