Thursday, August 18, 2011
Our school year starts next week, and as much as I'm looking forward to seeing our school friends again and getting the kids occupied and engaged in class, I'm not looking forward to all the new infections and illnesses they're going to bring home with them.
With 22 kids in each class, it's inevitable that germs and going to be passed around, so I try to teach my kids to take simple preventative measures, like coughing or sneezing into their elbows instead of their hands, avoid sharing lip balms or hairbrushes, wash their hands, and use antibacterial gel or antibacterial hand wipes.
As the kids discovered when we did Bill Nye the Science Guy's Wet Ones® Healthy Hands Zone experiments last December, it's all too easy for bacteria to grow and multiply, so they know how important it is for them to wash their hands (or wipe them with antibacterial wipes when they can't get to soap and water). Fortunately they love the smell of Wet Ones (and the clean feeling their hands get afterwards), so it's not difficult for me to get them to wash or wipe their hands. Here are three ways I use Wet Ones® to help my kids stay germ free during the school year:
1) I keep a canister of Wet Ones® Hand Wipes in the car. We're always on the go, so many times I have to give my kids a snack on the way to their soccer practice or dance lessons. I always forget to ask them to pass by the school washrooms to clean their hands after school lets out, so they can wipe their grubby hands in the car.
2) I keep a travel pack of Wet Ones® Hand Wipes in my purse, so we can wipe our hands at the park or in a movie theatre or anywhere we can't get to a restroom.
3) When I pack my kids' lunch, I always include a single pack of Wet Ones® Hand Wipes so they can wipe their hands and mouth after they eat their lunch.
Wet Ones is kicking off a (hopefully) germ-free school year with some useful tips from noted pediatrician Dr. Sears, and some great promos. Check out the sweepstakes on their home page -- and enter a special giveaway right here!
Win Wet Ones® and Scholastic Books for you and your school
The Wet Ones® Give Your School a Hand Sweepstakes will give new books and healthy hands all year to five lucky Grand Prize winners -- and their schools.
* Five winners will each receive a $75 Scholastic Gift Card, plus a $25 Variety Bundle of Wet Ones® Antibacterial Hand Wipes.
* Each of the five winners' schools will receive a $250 Scholastic Book Library specially selected for schools, plus a $100 Variety Bundle of Wet Ones® Antibacterial Hand Wipes.
* Ninety-nine winners selected will each receive two boxes of Wet Ones® Singles
You can enter up to once per day until September 29, 2011.
Win a Wet Ones® Prize Pack
One lucky Bonggamom Finds winner will receive a Wet Ones® prize pack featuring an assortment of Wet Ones products:
* One Wet Ones® Hand Wipes Fresh Scent 40 count canister
* One Wet Ones® Hand Wipes Fresh Scent 24 count singles pack
* One Wet Ones® Hand Wipes Fresh Scent 15 count travel pack
Leave a comment on this post and tell me what you use Wet Ones® Hand Wipes for. This entry must be completed before any extra entries will count.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry with a way to verify the entry (i.e. tweet link, blog post link, Facebook id, Twitter id, etc.).
1) Leave a comment on this page and tell me how you would spend your $100 on Ice (1 entry).
2) Blog about this giveaway, making sure you include a link to the giveaway in your blog post (1 entry).
3) Write this on the Bonggamom Finds Facebook page (1 entry):
I entered the Wet Ones giveaway! http://ow.ly/66NON
4) Follow @bonggafinds on Twitter and tweet this, up to once per day (1 entry per day): @bonggafinds is giving away a Wet Ones Hand Wipes gift pack! Enter by 9/6 at http://ow.ly/66NON
5) Join any of the open giveaways on Bonggamom Finds (1 entry for each giveaway you've joined)
This giveaway ends at 11:59PM PST on September 5, 2011; I will draw a winner at random on September 6 and post his/her name after she/he confirms acceptance. Continental US residents only. For additional giveaway rules, click here. Good luck!
Disclosure: Energizer Personal Care is providing me with product samples for review. Also, Energizer Personal Care is providing the prizes for this promotion at no cost to me. This promotion is not being administered or sponsored in any way by Energizer Personal Care or its affiliates, but solely by Bongga Mom. Any questions or comments regarding this promotion must be sent to me at Bongga Mom and not to Energizer Personal Care. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.