Father's Day is almost here! This year, skip the burnt toast and raw eggs; the folks at Dinosaur Train have some great suggestions for Father's Day breakfast dishes. They're Dino themed, so young fans of Dinosaur Train will be inspired to make them (and eat them, so make sure there's enough to share!)
· T.rex Footprint Pancakes – with adult help, children shape the batter into the large three-toed feet of a Tyrannosaurus.
· Paleontologist Pancakes – make small pancakes, then stack them up 5 or 6 high (maybe putting apple sauce or sour cream between them), and hiding “fossils” between the layers – the fossils being pieces of strawberry, banana slices, chocolate chips, and so on.
· Stegosaurus Smoothie – a colorful, healthy fruit smoothie made with a blend of yogurt, a frozen banana, and any other fruit you wish. Serve it on a dish with a rim. In the middle of the dish, place a line of triangular fruit pieces – such as pineapple, apples, or cantaloupe. These little fruity triangles will look like the plates on a stegosaurus’ back.
· Triceratops Eggs – scrambled eggs that have “horns” sticking out of them – made of breadsticks.
After breakfast, you can watch the Pteranodon family eating their own breakfast on the Dinosaur Train website, then finish up by playing the Dinosaur Train All Aboard Game. They're available at Amazon.com, Target, Toys R Us and other major retailers.... or you can try your luck and enter to win the game here! Happy Father's Day!
Win a Dinosaur Train All Aboard Game
One lucky Bonggamom Finds reader will win a Dinosaur Train All Aboard Game for Father's Day!
About the game:
Hop on the Dinosaur Train and follow the path through the Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous periods. In this game, players will choose a character – Buddy, Tiny, Shiny, Don, Cory, Tank or Mr. Conductor – and try to move the fastest along the tracks. Speed through the three dinosaur eras: Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous along the beautiful scenery. Special Stopwatch spaces will help you get closer to the nest, while Dinosaur Crossing spaces will send you back. The first player to reach the nest area in the center of the board wins. (For 2 to 6 players ages 4+; SRP $12.00).
Leave a comment on this post and tell me how you and your family are celebrating Father's Day. This entry must be completed before extra entries qualify.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry with a way to verify the entry (i.e. tweet link, blog post link, Facebook id, Twitter id, etc.).
1) Subscribe to Bonggamom Finds updates (1 entry).
2) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Networked Blogs (1 entry).
3) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Blogger(1 entry).
4) Write this on the Bonggamom Finds Facebook page (1 entry):
I entered the Dinosaur Train Father's Day giveaway! http://ow.ly/5dcBM
5) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Twitter and tweet this, up to once per day (1 entry per day, leave a comment with the tweet link for each tweet):
Celebrate Fathers Day w/ the Dinosaur Train All Aboard game! Enter to win this cute board game fr @bonggafinds http://ow.ly/5dcBM #giveaways
6) Join any of the open giveaways on Bonggamom Finds (1 entry for every giveaway you've joined).
This giveaway ends at 11:59PM PST on June 19, 2011; I will draw a winner at random on June 20 and post the winner's name after the winner confirms acceptance. Continental US residents only. For additional giveaway rules, click here. Good luck!Disclosure: I did not receive a sample or monetary compensation for this post. Dino breakfast ideas were provided by Dinosaur Train and is indicated in italics. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.