When we were up in the mountains over the holiday break, The Pea caught a bad cold. It didn't require anything more serious than a lozenge and a couple of Tylenol, but hypochondriac that I am, it got me thinking. What if any of us really does get sick while we're away from home? Or what if one of us gets into an accident? If my son can break his arm while playing at a friend's house, he could certainly break another one while going down steep slopes on a snowboard! Having an application like iTriage on one's smartphone can certainly give much more peace of mind: not only does iTriage have information on common symptoms, diseases and procedures, this app also has a database of hospitals and clinics, as well as emergency room wait times in some parts of the country! It's available for the iPhone and Android phones -- and it's FREE.
Here's more information about the app:
iTriage—the first healthcare information software product introduced by Healthagen, LLC is the brainchild of two emergency room physicians. After seeing a growing need for patients to have more actionable healthcare information in their hands, Drs. Peter Hudson and Wayne Guerra introduced iTriage to give healthcare consumers crucial information in acute care settings:
* Information on more than 300 symptoms, 1000 diseases and 350 medical procedure
* A nationwide directory of hospitals, urgent cares, retail clinics, pharmacies and physicians
* Turn-by-turn facility directions from GPS, IP address or zip code locations
* Nurse advice lines
* Detailed quality reports from HealthGrades on hospitals and physicians
* Help negotiating medical bills through an iTriage partnership with one of the most respected claims adjudication organizations
* Emergency Room Wait Times for hospitals in select parts of the country
Disclosure:This is a sponsored post via the Mom Bloggers Club. App information is provided by the featured company and is clearly indicated in italics. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.