Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Everyone knows that babies' toes are the most kissable things on earth: now here's a bunch of socks that look just as delectable as the baby toes inside them. I was recently sent a box of these yummy "treats" -- a pack of Baby Sushi Socks by AJ Wrappers -- to review. Here's what I thought of them:
AJ Wrappers makes personalized candy wrappers, party favors, and gift buckets, as well as a wide variety of gift items for weddings, anniversaries and baby showers. Their Baby Sushi Socks is one of their top selling items. Each gift pack has six pairs of baby socks rolled up to look like pieces of sushi, packed into a takeout sushi box.
According to AJ Wrappers, here are some great reasons to buy their products:
1) Great products -- products can be personalized, with no limits to the design, and you can coordinate matching items
2) Great service -- AJ Wrappers is focused on providing high-quality service and customer satisfaction. They'll even work with you personally on custom orders, just contact Alice@ajwrappers.com
3) Great prices -- affordable, with no hidden photo fees or design fees
4) Great experience -- AJ Wrappers is a successful family-owned business and an approved vendor for Sarasota and Manatee County Schools
I'm not surprised that the Baby Sushi Socks are bestsellers: they are so unique, and you don't have to like sushi to enjoy these delectable little morsels of cuteness. It's really all in the presentation, and these look just like traditional tekka maki. The socks are wrapped in strips of black felt the way sushi is rolled up in strips of nori, and they're topped with tiny squares of red felt to make it look like the tuna in the middle. The accompanying chopsticks are a nice finishing touch, another example of the fine attention to detail.
(By the way, you've got to check out the AJ Wrappers blog for photos of their other products. You get a good overview of all the cuteness they have to offer!)
At first I was disappointed that the only sock size offered is 0-6 months, and they are so small (check out how tiny the sock looks in my hand! And no, my hand is not yeti-sized!) I felt the baby would only be able to use them for a month or two. But the owners of AJ Wrappers informed me that you can actually email and request a larger size -- and clients have done so in the past -- so really, the only thing these Baby Sushi Socks need is a side of radish and wasabi!
The Bottom Line
A pack of Baby Sushi Socks is a unique, hip baby gift that's also practical and affordable. Anyone who gives a mom-to-be one of these will be the talk of the baby shower!
One lucky Bonggamom Finds reader will win a set of Baby Sushi Socks from AJ Wrappers! The winner can choose from a set of socks in boy or girl themed colors. Here's how to enter:
Follow @ajwrappers on Twitter AND tweet out the following:
@ajwrappers I just joined the Sushi Socks giveaway on @bonggafinds -- I want to win a Sushi Socks set for boys! http://tinyurl.com/yazttrr
(substitute the word "girls" for "boys" if you want a girl-themed set!)
Then come back here and leave a comment with a link to your tweet.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following, (you can only do each extra entry once; please leave a separate comment for each extra entry):
1) Purchase an item from AJ Wrappers, then come back here and leave the email address you used to purchase your item. This is worth 5 extra entries!!! If you do this, please leave 5 extra comments in the comments section.
2) Go to AJ Wrappers, then come back here and leave a comment telling me which product (other than the Baby Sushi Socks) you would most like to give or receive.
3) Subscribe to Bonggamom Finds updates by email (leave a comment with your email address).
4) Fave Bonggamom Finds on Technorati (leave a comment with your Technorati id).
5) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Blogger(leave a comment with your Blogger profile name).
6) Become a fan of AJ Wrappers on Facebook (leave a comment with your Facebook user name).
Maximum of 6 entries per person without extra entry #1 (purchase an item from AJWrappers), maximum of 11 entries per person with extra entry #1. This giveaway ends at midnight PST on March 9, 2010; I will draw a winner at random on March 10 and post the winner's name as soon as the winner confirms acceptance. For additional giveaway rules, click here. Good luck!
Disclaimer: I received a sample in order to review this product, but no monetary compensation. Unless clearly stated and quoted, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.