I was at the post office last week and already it is the busiest place in town. The lines were out the door! Everyone is busy mailing their holiday cards and gift to family and friends. Waiting in line can be a major headache during a time that's already filled with stress, so here are a few tips to help you deal with holiday shipping:
* Check out the US Postal Service's important holiday shipping deadline dates -- and remember that lines will be longer on the deadline dates!
* Allow an extra 5-10 minutes at the post office due to lines.
* Avoid the post office during lunch hours, and just before or after work hours (9AM, 5-6PM).
* Invest in a good weighing scale so you can weigh your own packages, buy and print postage online, and schedule a pickup right from your home.
* Avoid dealing with the post office entirely: purchase holiday presents from online retailers and have them shipped directly to the gift recipient's home.
Personally, I like that last tip the best. It's so much easier to order online: you can do it in your pajamas after the kids are in bed and the stores are closed, you don't waste gas, and you can even save money with online coupons from sites like RetailMeNot.com! They have thousands of coupons and holiday offers for your favorite retailers, plus free shipping and guaranteed delivery by Christmas Eve if you shop now until Free Shipping Day (December 17th).
Here's another reason to do your online shopping via RetailMeNot -- they are hosting a daily countdown giveaway! Enter their 12 Days 'til Free Shipping Day Giveaway every day through the 17th for a chance to win daily prizes like a $1,000 shopping spree at Kohl’s, a vacation for two and much more!
Happy holiday shopping and holiday shipping!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post from One2One Network and RetailMeNot.com. All opinions stated are my own.