Saturday, July 07, 2012
Now that summer is here, we have lots of fun beach trips and picnics and park outings planned. There's nothing better than relaxing in the sun with an ice-cold drink while watching the kids play!
Spending so much time outdoors does come with a price, though: the increased exposure to the damaging rays of the sun. Sun safety is a Big Deal in our household. Alfie is English, and my kids are half-English, and we all know fair skin is particularly vulnerable in sunny places like California. Alfie lived in Australia for 5 years, and he saw first-hand how the strong Australian sun have sent melanoma incidence rates skyrocketing in the fair-skinned Australian population.
THIS is what happens after a day without sunscreen, and it's a very bad thing, both short-term (the pain, the redness, the peeling) and long-term (skin aging, the increased risk of skin cancer). I still feel pangs of parental guilt looking at it. Avoiding sunburn can be as simple as practicing a few sun safety tips, such as wearing a hat and sunscreen. For sunscreen options, check out 3 of Coppertone's latest products:
* For active adults, Coppertone Sport Pro Series 50+ sunscreens stay on strong and move with the skin in hot and humid weather as well as during intense exercise.
* For active kids, Coppertone Wet ‘n Clear Kids SPF 45+ simplifies reapplication. There’s no need to towel them off before reapplying and it sprays on clear.
* For the little ones, Coppertone Water Babies Pure & Simple Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50 is a hypoallergenic, oil and fragrance free lotion made specifically for babies’ delicate skin.
Coppertone sunscreens are a household staple, year-round, so we never have to give up a fun day outdoors!
Win a Coppertone Prize Pack
One lucky Bonggamom Finds reader will receive a Coppertone Summer Fun prize pack, which includes:
* one beach mat
* one bottle of Coppertone Sport Pro Series 50+ sunscreen
* one bottle of Coppertone Wet 'n Clear Kids SPF 45+ sunscreen
* one tube of Coppertone Water Babies Pure & Simple Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50
Update 7/10/12: I mistakenly copied the incorrect required entry for this giveaway. I have corrected the required entry to reflect the proper entry method. Any required entries posted before 7/10/12 are still considered valid. Sorry for the typos, and the confusion!
Leave a comment on this post and tell what outdoor activities you have been enjoying (or plan to enjoy) this summer. This entry must be completed before any extra entries will count.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry with a way to verify the entry (i.e. tweet link, blog post link, Facebook id, Twitter id, etc.).
1) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Blogger (1 entry)
2) Follow bonggamom on Instagram (1 entry)
3) Follow bonggamom on Pinterest (1 entry)
4) Repin any of my pins on Pinterest (1 entry per repin, maximum 5 repins/5 entries)
5) Like Bonggamom Finds on Facebook (1 entry).
6) Write this on the Bonggamom Finds Facebook page (1 entry):
I entered the Coppertone Summer Fun giveaway! http://bit.ly/NM9mFL
7) Follow @bonggafinds on Twitter and tweet this, up to once per day (1 entry per day):
RT @bonggafinds Enter to win a summer fun prize pack: beach bag, mat & Coppertone lotion! Enter by 7/25 at http://bit.ly/NM9mFL
8) Join any open giveaway on Bonggamom Finds.
This giveaway ends at 11:59PM PST on July 25, 2012; I will draw a winner at random on July 26 and post his/her name after she/he confirms acceptance. For additional giveaway rules, click here.
Disclosure: Coppertone provided the prize pack for the giveaway, as well as a second prize pack for me as a thank-you for hosting and administering the giveaway. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.