Disney Classics: The Jungle Book app for iOS



Summer vacation started today, and after a year of hard work, my kids are all set to run wild like Mowgli in the Jungle Book.  The Jungle Book has always been one of my favorite Disney movies, so when I heard they were releasing an eBook version of Jungle Book, I was happy to take a look at it.

I think the Jungle Book combines the best of both worlds -- print book and interactive app.  Kids can read all about the story of Mowgli and the adventures he enjoys with his jungle friends Baloo and Bagheera as they attempt to return Mowgli to the human village.  The watercolor-style illustrations are absolutely beautiful, and as I "flip" from page to page, I can almost convince myself that I'm reading from a physical book.  But Disney has loaded The Jungle Book with all kinds of cool interactive features, staring with a custom "bookplate" where kids can personalize the book with their name and photo.  Kids can choose from a variety of reading modes -- read aloud, read along, read alone -- that best suit their reading level.  The book is narrated in a soothing, cultured British voice (not unlike Bagheera's!) and soothing music plays in the background. 



Throughout the book, there are fun interactive features like coloring pages, sing-along songs (my favorite: the classic Bare Necessities),  a memory game, bongo drums and more.  They are simple enough so that kids can work it out on their own, and give their parents a break as they immerse themselves in this Disney classic story for a little while.



Disclosure: I received a product sample to facilitate my review, but have not been paid to review the product or give my opinions. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

Pin It

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada