Friday, March 09, 2012
Labels. I love them. I can't live without them. In a household with 3 kids and lots of identical objects, labels are essential in resolving the age old argument:: It's Mine! No, it's Mine! No, you lost yours, it's Mine!
So I've got name labels with each child's name. I've got name labels with just our last name. I've even got address labels for each kid, for Alfie, for me, and for the family.
You'd think that with emails, text messages, direct debit and online bill paying, the number of letters we send out has drastically diminished. So you'd think. Consider this -- as the number of letters has diminished, so has our holiday card list grown. Ballooned. Exploded, even. So has the number of thank-you letters my kids have to write. So I'll keep ordering my address labels, thank you very much.
Besides, address labels aren't just handy on envelopes—you can stick them on just about anything. They work just like name labels in that they are a great way of identifying lost items. In some cases, they work even better because they give the person who finds the item a chance to contact you. Here are 1001 uses for address labels:
1) Stick address labels onto the paper luggage tags that airlines provide for check-in and carry-on baggage. It sure beats writing it all out while you're struggling with airline tickets, passports and unruly kids!
2) If you want a more permanent luggage tag, stick an address label onto cardstock, then laminate and punch out a hole, then attach to your bags.
3) Have your children stick address labels on their classmates' yearbooks so their friends will have a way to contact them even if they graduate or move away.
4) Do you find yourself signing up for a dozen committees at the beginning of the schoolyear? Hate having to write out your contact information again and again? Stick an address label onto each signup sheet and save yourself some time.
5) Ditto for entering sweepstakes and raffle draws at conferences, school carnivals and fairs. Again, you can stick an address label onto the entry ticket and save yourself some time.
6) Stick an address label on the inside cover of your favorite books, so you can lend them out and feel reassured that the book will find its way back to you.
7) If you sell handcrafted items (clothes, baked goods, jewelry, artwork, etc...), stick an address label onto your packaging to remind your customers where they can get more of the same cool products! If you sell larger items such as furniture, you can stick the address label directly onto the item.
8) Most people have business cards to pass around at conferences and meetings, but there might be times you want to give your personal information as well as your business information. In those cases, stick an address label on the back of your business card so they can reach you whether you're at the office or at home.
9) If you own a franchise business (a sandwich shop, laundry service, accounting services, auto repair shop, cosmetics, etc..), you may be given pamphlets or brochures to help with marketing. Stick an address label on the back of any generic pamphlets so your clients know how to reach you.
10 - 10001) Books, cameras, gym bags, luggage, picnic baskets, tents, folding tables and chairs, the list is endless! You can use address labels on literally thousands of items, how you use them is up to you.
Win personalized address labels from Tiny Prints
One lucky Bonggamom Finds reader will receive four sets of personalized address labels (24 labels per set) from Tiny Prints!
Check out the super-cute designs Tiny Prints has for address labels at http://bit.ly/TPaddresslabels then leave a comment on this post with a link to the design you like the most. This entry must be completed before any extra entries will count.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry with a way to verify the entry (i.e. tweet link, blog post link, Facebook id, Twitter id, etc.).
1) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Blogger (1 entry)
2) Blog about this giveaway, making sure you include a link to the giveaway in your blog post (1 entry).
3) Write this on the Bonggamom Finds Facebook page (1 entry):
I entered the Tiny Prints address labels giveaway! http://bit.ly/zy6iRs
4) Write this on the Tiny Prints Facebook page (1 entry):
I entered to win 4 sets of your super-cute address labels on Bonggamom Finds! http://bit.ly/zy6iRs
5) Follow @TinyPrints on Twitter and tweet this, up to once per day (1 entry per day):
RT @bonggafinds Win four sets of super-cute address labels from @TinyPrints! Enter by 3/31 at http://bit.ly/zy6iRs
6) Follow TinyPrints on Pinterest and pin your favorite Tiny Prints address label design on your own Pinterest board (1 entry).
This giveaway ends at 11:59PM PST on March 31, 2012; I will draw a winner at random on April 1 and post his/her name after she/he confirms acceptance. Continental US residents only. For additional giveaway rules, click here. Good luck!
Disclosure: I will be receiving a set of address labels from Tiny Prints as a thank you for writing this post and hosting the giveaway. Giveaway prize is provided by Tiny Prints. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.