Sunday, February 06, 2011
It has been quite a while since my boys looked like this:
But I still remember how much they loved rolling balls down tracks. The movement, the anticipation, finding the ball, everything about it fascinated them. If only Playskool had come up with their Explore n’ Grow Musical Gear Center a few years sooner! I received this toy from Litzky PR to review, and I'm positive they would have loved the combination of rolling balls, spinning gears and music. Playskool is one of my favorite toy brands for little kids, and I can't think any stage in my kids' lives that did not have a myriad of Playskool toys involved.
Here's a brief description of the Playskool Explore n’ Grow Musical Gear Center:
Whirling, twirling, musical fun is on the way with this exciting MUSICAL GEAR CENTER set! Your little one can push this button to activate the music and motion that will keep both his eyes and ears engaged. As he drops the ball onto the track, he'll watch with delight as it falls down the tube and then spins at the bottom. He'll love spinning the gears on the side to turn the friendly face around and around -- and when he gets older, you can remove the gears so he can stack them and take his fun to "new heights"! The active play, twirling fun and happy music just goes on and on! Set includes activity center base, ball arch, two balls, five gears and instructions.
Here's what I like best about this toy:
* The balls and gears that come with the toy fit other EXPLORE N’ GROW Toys, so it's not a catastrophe if you have other toys from the series and lose a ball.
* The parts are chunky enough for little hands, and they don't pose a choking hazard.
* Most important of all, babies really love this toy! I gave it to a friend with an 11-month old, and he starts bouncing up and down whenever the music plays. I swear, if he grows up to become a hip-hop star, I'm taking all the credit.
I can't think of anything I don't like -- they even thought of providing a place to nestle the two balls in!
The Bottom Line
Your baby and toddler will love playing with this toy, and you will love watching him!
Win a Playskool Explore n’ Grow Musical Gear Center
One lucky Bonggamom Finds reader will win this adorable activity toy!
Leave a comment on this post and tell me your baby's (or granchild's or godchild's or friend's baby's) favorite toy. This entry must be completed before extra entries qualify.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry with a way to verify the entry (i.e. tweet link, blog post link, Facebook id, Twitter id, etc.).
1) Grab my blog button and post it up on your blog (1 entry).
2) Subscribe to Bonggamom Finds updates (1 entry).
3) Write this on the Bonggamom Finds Facebook page (1 entry):
I entered the Playskool Explore N Grow giveaway! http://tinyurl.com/bonggaprizes
4) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Networked Blogs (1 entry).
5) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Blogger(1 entry).
6) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Twitter and tweet this, up to once per day (1 entry per day, leave a comment with the tweet link for each tweet):
Win a Playskool Explore n Grow Musical Gear Center on @bonggafinds http://tinyurl.com/bonggaprizes #giveaways
This giveaway ends at 11:59PM PST on February 27, 2011; I will draw a winner at random on February 28 and post the winner's name after the winner confirms acceptance. Continental US residents only. For additional giveaway rules, click here. Good luck!
Disclosure: I received a product sample, but was not paid to review the product or give my opinions. Thanks to Litzky PR for providing the giveaway prize. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.