chicBuds Sport Headphones




When I first discovered chicBuds at the beginning of 2009, I knew I had to have them; the combination of chic bling-y jewels and practical retractable cord sounded like a winner. Reviewing the chicBuds and chicBuds JR.earbud headphones a couple months later turned me into a loyal fan; I've used and abused my chicBuds so much that I need to buy a new pair, but I refuse to buy any other brand. Recently I was given the opportunity to review one of chicBud's newest products, the chicBuds DJ Sport Headphones. Here's what we thought of it:

The Basics
The oddly named chicBuds DJ Sport Headphones (they don't exactly strike me as the kind of headphones you'd use when running a marathon or lifting weights) have padded earpieces and an adjustable headband. The earpieces rotate and swivel so the headphones can be packed flat; the earpieces also fold up into a compact bundle for carrying or storage. Check out how they fold up:

They come two colors: Multicolor (which we received) and Hot Pink, and are available to purchase on chicBuds.com at $29.99.

Here's what chicBuds has to say about their DJ Sport Headphones:
chicBuds Sport Headphones transfer listening into a deliciously stylish experience. But don't be fooled! They are not only yummy looking, they are convenient too. chicBuds Sport Headphones fold up for easy carrying, travel and storage. They're perfect for those who are "on the go!" The adjustable headband makes for a comfortable fit and the incredible insulating sound makes for a pleasurable listening experience.


The Bongga
The Pea loves these earphones! She loves them even more than her chicBuds Jr. earbuds, which tend to fall out of her ears quite often. She loves the insulating sound, the comfy feel on her ears and the adjustable headband (which means they never fall off her head). But since they're adjustable, even I can wear them comfortably. I personally didn't care for the color, but The Pea loves their bold and brassy vibe. These headphones were meant to turn heads and let people know exactly what your sense of style is! They are definitely a step up from your ordinary headphones, and if you are in the market for inexpensive headphones (as opposed to earbuds), I would definitely go for these.


The Blah
Yes, there's style and there's comfort, but I was disappointed to see that the one thing I love best about chicBuds -- the retractable cord -- is missing! It's not a total disaster, since I can wrap the cord around the headphones, but the retractable cord would have been so much neater. And call me an old fogey, but the bright colors are definitely suited to younger folks; I would be much more likely to buy them if they were in a color scheme that screamed "Chic" rather than "Cyndi Lauper".

The Bottom Line
Despite the drawbacks I found, I will acknowledge that my disappointment with the chicBuds Sport Headphones stems from personal tastes, not the quality of the product. If you like the style and you don't care about the retractable cord (case in point: The Pea!), it's still a great product.


I received a sample in order to review this product, but no monetary compensation. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada