What are little girls made of? Sugar and spice, and everything nice. They should also say starlight trails and unicorns' tails, because judging from the drawings and toys and books that my daughter and her friends love to indulge in, magical, fantasy horses seem to be a standard fixture in every little girl's imagination. We recently received some trading cards from Bella Sara to try out, and here's what we thought of them:
Here's what Bella Sara has to say about the Bella Sara world:
Bella Sara is a safe, fun-filled magical world of horses & other characters for kids ages 5-11. Much more than just a toy, Bella Sara inspires pro-social dialogue & inspirational thought with positive messages.
Brand new in time for the holidays are the “Bella Sara Royalty Trading Cards,” each with inspirational messages and a secret code. By entering these secret codes at BellaSara.com, children can enhance their online experiences by redeeming horseshoes to play games and care for their magical horses as they begin to explore the magical land of North of North. The more secret codes, the more adventures you can unlock when playing Bella Sara Adventures.
Just under $5, these cards make for the perfect stocking stuffer this holiday season!
These trading cards are so pretty! And the online world of BellaSara.com is just as picturesque -- it looks like it came straight out of a fairy-tale book. She was able to create an account for free (anyone can), and with the account she got to choose a little foal to care and feed. The trading cards come with codes that can be redeemed online for points that are used to "purchase" clothes and toys and decorations for the foal's home. The Pea loves how she can stroke and feed her little horse with a click and a roll of the mouse!
I find the website slow and a bit confusing to navigate, so it can be difficult to get the background story from BellaSara.com. As a result, the Pea was pretty much in the dark about who the main characters are, what the story is, and what kinds of cards she can collect. So I would purchase the DVD or the book before purchasing the trading cards (or along with the trading cards) so your daughter knows the story and the characters.
The Bottom Line
Sara Bella trading cards are a nice, inexpensive stocking stuffer for any little girl who loves horses. They're also a great way to introduce your little girl into the world of trading cards!
Here are three great deals that you can take advantage of when you purchase Bella Sara products:
1) When you shop at bellasara.com, enter Promo Code JIXXQ4KS at checkout to receive 20% off purchase of $5 or more! Expires 12.31.09
2) When you shop at bellasara.com, enter Promo Code FRSHIP4U at checkout to receive free shipping on orders over $25! Limited time only!
3) Print this coupon to save 15% on Bella’s Ball Card Pack, Single Blister, or Double Blister, at all Target stores! Bring printed coupon—one per transaction. Valid beginning November 6, expires December 7.
One lucky Bonggamom Finds reader will win a Bella’s Ball card pack and one velvety mini horse! To enter, head on over to the Bella Sara holiday gift guide , then come back and leave a comment saying which gift your daughter or niece or granddaughter would love to find in her holiday stocking.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following (please leave a separate comment for each extra entry):
1) Grab my blog button and post it up on your blog (leave a comment here with your blog URL).
2) Fave Bonggamom Finds on Technorati (leave a comment with your Technorati id).
3) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Blogger(leave a comment with your Blogger profile name).
4) Tweet this giveaway (leave a comment with a link to your tweet). Here is a sample tweet you can copy and paste:
Win a Bella Sara prize pack from @bonggafinds http://tinyurl.com/y9nc2kh
This giveaway ends at midnight PST on November 20, 2009.; I will draw a winner at random on November 21 and post the winner's name on the comments section soon after. For additional giveaway rules, click here. Good luck!
I received a sample in order to review this product, but no monetary compensation. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.