With the name Singer, what else could he be? Tracey Singer is a San Diego-based singer-songwriter, and he's releasing his first children's CD, Sweets 'n Treats, on July 7. The disc, produced by two-time Grammy nominee Buck Howdy, features 13 of Tracey's original songs, largely inspired by his own experiences as a work-at-home dad to four children under age nine.
We were lucky to receive an advance copy of Tracey's cd to review, and we've been enjoying his music for about a month now. The songs are entertaining and fun to listen to. My kids love the first song, Sweets 'n Treats, simply because it's all about every kid's fantasy -- eating nothing but sweets and junk food. We all love the Camping Trip song because the beat and tune are so catchy -- you can just imaging hiking on a trail while singing it -- and because the lyrics are so hysterically funny. I also like Swimming, with its cool Beach Boys vibe.
This is a great cd to listen to in the car because grownups can listen to it without tearing their hair out. The songs draw from a diverse range of styles (including the sounds of Motown and the Brian Setzer Orchestra, among others), and adults will certainly appreciate some of the gentle humor in the lyrics (one song is about a Mall Mom, who hangs out at the mall and tries to be like her daughter). But even kids can't miss messages in two of the songs, Nana Nana Boo Boo and Stinky Smoke -- that both mean people and smoking stink! It's that combination of clever lyrics and catchy music that makes Sweets 'n Treats a sweet addition to your children's cd collection.
Win it! One lucky Bonggamom Finds reader will win a copy of Tracey Singer's new cd, Sweets 'n Treats. To enter, simply leave a comment here and tell me what your child's favorite song is. For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following (please leave a separate comment for each extra entry):
1) For two extra entries, head on over to Tracey's website, play the jukebox, then come back here and leave a comment telling which song you like best (leave 2 separate comments). You can also listen the Sweets and Treats music samples on Amazon.
2) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Blogger(leave a comment with your Blogger profile name).
3) Leave a comment on any of my blog posts on Finding Bonggamom (leave a comment here with the link to the post that you commented on).
4) Join any of the other giveaways currently running on Bonggamom Finds (leave a comment here with the name of the other giveaway you joined).
5) Tweet this giveaway (leave a comment with a link to your tweet). Here is a sample tweet you can copy and paste:
Sweets and Treats cd giveaway from @bonggafinds and http://www.bonggafinds.com/
This giveaway ends at midnight PST on July 25, 2009; I will draw a winner at random on July 26 and post the winner's name on the comments section soon after. For additional giveaway rules, click here. Good luck!