Today I'm giving away a Leapfrog Didj to one lucky reader. And I do mean lucky, because my kids really love them some Didj. It's Leapster's latest and greatest toy, fusing learning and gaming. Just like the Leapster2, (I like to think of the Leapster2 as the Didj's younger sibling) , kids can play games featuring popular characters. The games incorporate math, reading and spelling, and parents can check on their kids' learning progress via the Leapfrog Learning Path.
Get $10 off the Didj for a limited time at the Leapfrog store. Or get one free by joing the giveaway below.
The coolest feature of the Didj? It allows kids to personalize their gaming experience -- they can customize the display color scheme and even the appearance of the characters playing the games. Playing with the Didj earns them points that they can redeem online for even more ways to personalize their gaming experience (like new boxing gloves for Spongebob or a special victory dance for Obi Wan Kenobi). We actually got our Didj in September, but I've waited ages to review it because the online points feature (Micromods, they call it) was not up and running at that point. I knew it would be strong selling point for my kids: it keeps them going back again and again to the Didj -- because the personalized features keep it interesting, and the points earning system gives them an incentive to play.
In case you missed that first part: I'm giving away a Leapfrog Didj to one lucky reader! Here's how to enter:
* To be eligible for entry, join the Leapfrog Community OR follow Leapfrog on Twitter. Leave a comment here with your Leapfrog community user name or Twitter user name so I can check. Don't forget to include your email address so I can contact you.
If you reeeeeallly want that Didj for your child, I'm giving you up to 5 extra chances to win! Here's how:
* For TWO extra entries, go to my Leapfrog Community blog and post a comment on my Didj giveaway post.
* For an extra entry, blog about this giveaway on your own blog and include a link to this post. Leave an extra comment with your name, email address and a link to your blog.
* For a second extra entry, Twitter about this giveaway and include a link to this post. Leave an extra comment with your name, email address and a link to the twitter post.
* For a third extra entry, put my "12 Days of Christmas" button up on your blog's sidebar. Leave an extra comment with your name, email address and a link to your blog (the blog button must be displayed through January 6th to count).
The contest ends at midnight PST on January 6, 2009; I will draw a winner at random on January 7, 2009 and post the winner's name on the same day. For the full giveaway rules, click here. Good luck!