We watched Monster Jam at Levi's Stadium last year, and enjoyed ourselves so much! Monster Jam already visited the Bay Area last month (in Oakland), but sadly we were unable to attend. I was unprepared for how disappointed The Pea would be. After all, she's a 14 year-old teen girl, and not the kind of person I'd expect to enjoy Monster Jam. But it just goes to show you that Monster Jam really is entertainment for the whole family! We all love watching Grave Digger, Stone Crusher, El Diablo, and more race, spin, slip, and crash! The whole race is absolutely crazy!
MONSTER JAM TRIVIA
See if you can answer this fun trivia quiz! The answers may surprise you! (answer key is at the bottom of this post).
2. Driver Seat – Most monster trucks have the driver seated ______________the vehicle so he or she can best see the track for weight distribution.
a. in the center of
b. on top of
c. on the left side of
3. As a safety measure, all seatbelts employ ________________ to restrain the driver’s body.
a. an auto-lock feature
b. a 5 point harness
c. an escape pod
4. Paint – Most Monster Jam® monster trucks require _______________ of paint time.
a. more than 25 days
b. more than 40 hours
c. less than 10 hours
5. Engines – Custom-built, supercharged and methanol-injected, a monster truck engine burns up to _________________ of methanol per run (approximately 80 meters) and delivers about __________________.
a. 30 liters; 2,000 horsepower
b. 10 liters; 1,500 horsepower
c. 5 liters; 1,000 horsepower
6. Suspension System – In order to allow the drivers to withstand the punishing impacts of jumping and crashing a monster truck during a performance, each Monster Jam monster truck is equipped with specially-engineered extra long 76cm shock absorbers filled with oil and ________________________ that are installed with each tire.
c. nitrogen gas
7. Each monster truck tire is custom made but must be ______________ inches high and _____________ inches wide.
a. 120; 99
b. 33; 33
c. 66; 43
8. The average monster truck team will go through _____________ tires in one year.
9. ________________ was the 25 year anniversary for the Grave Digger Team
10. More than ____________________ Monster Jam fans attend events each year worldwide
a. 1 million
b. 2 million
c. 4 million
11. The World Finals in ____________________ brings 24 of the top trucks in the world to compete for the World Freestyle and Racing Championships. Competitors are by invitation only.
a. Houston, TX
b. Las Vegas, NV
c. Atlanta, GA
12. A monster truck race team will travel _______________ Miles a year by land to attend events.
b. 1 million
13. Typical monster trucks cost ___________________ yearly to build, staff, compete, transport and maintain on the Monster Jam tour.
a. $1 million
14. Average number of cars crushed per year: _____________________.
SAVE ON MONSTER JAM TICKETSSave $5 on adult tickets with code MOM. Kids tickets are always 50% off (no qualifier needed) with Promo Code MOM. Savings valid on originally priced $40, $35, $30, and $20 seats. Savings not valid day of show. No double discounts. Purchase tickets at http://www.ticketmaster.com/venueartist/229947/1542376?brand=monsterjam