Thursday, February 13, 2014
Are you ready for Disney on Ice presents Rockin Ever After? The show is coming to the Bay Area this week: they'll be at the SAP Center in San Jose from February 19-23 and Oracle Arena in Oakland from February 26-March 2. Your kids are going to love watching their favorite Disney princesses like Belle, Arielle, Rapunzel and Merida twirl and glide on the ice! Watching Disney on Ice is a very exciting and special moment for a young child -- it's pretty much the next best thing you can get to actually visiting a Disney park! There is a lot you can do to prepare for the event and make the most of it.
Plan your child's costume
Many little girls and boys like to attend Disney on Ice shows dressed up as their favorite Disney character. It's not unusual to see lots of little Ariels, Belles, Cinderellas and Auroras taking their seats alongside their parents!
Buy glow sticks
There will be lots of Disney merchandise for sale, including show programs, hats, balloons, stuffed toys, shirts, and light-up toys. If you're on a budget, you might want to buy some glow sticks at the dollar store. That way, your child can enjoy the thrill of waving a glow stick when it gets dark, and you'll still have money left for another souvenir!
Brush up on your Disney trivia
Before you watch the show, refresh yourselves on some of the most memorable moments from the movies! Challenge your kids to answer the questions below. They'll probably get a higher score than you will!
1. What does King Fergus give Merida for her birthday? Answer: A bow and arrow
2. What are the names of Merida’s mischievous triplet brothers? Answer: Harris, Hubert, and Hamish
3. What sport does Merida choose for her suitors to compete in? Answer: Archery
4. What is the name of the bear that Merida’s father is searching for? Answer: Mor'du
5. What does Merida’s mom eat that turns her into a bear? Answer: A tart from the witch woodcarver
Disney’s The Little Mermaid
6. How many sisters does Ariel have? Answer: Six
7. What is the object that Ariel’s friend Scuttle calls a dinglehopper?Answer: A fork
8. Who tricks Ariel into visiting Ursula to gain human legs? Answer: Flotsam and Jetsam
9. Ursula gives Ariel the ability to walk on land. How long is this ability supposed to last? Answer: 3 days
10.What is the name of Ariel’s best friend? Answer: Flounder
Make sure your child is well rested
Disney on Ice presents Rockin Ever After starts at 7:30PM and lasts a good 2 hours, so it's going to be a late night for the little ones. They'll be happy, excited... and very tired! Make sure your toddlers get a good afternoon nap, and make sure older kids get some sleep the night before and the night after.
Bring a camera
There's nothing quite like seeing the joy in your child's face as she sees her favorite Disney characters glide out onto the ice and sees the cast of characters dance to her favorite Disney tunes. Make sure you have a camera on hand to capture all the moments and the memories!
Disclosure: : I am a Feld Family Ambassador, and in exchange for my time and efforts in attending shows and reporting my opinion within this blog, as well as keeping you advised of the latest discount offers, Feld Entertainment has provided me with complimentary tickets to Feld shows and opportunities to attend private Feld pre‐Show events. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.