10) There's no better movie to watch during the holidays than one set in a land of ice and snow!
9) Speaking of ice and snow, the snow and ice animation is amazing. I could stare at the details in Elsa's ice palace for hours, and I was mesmerized by the snowflakes that swirled around the screen throughout the closing credits (tip: I watched both the 3D and the regular version of Frozen, and the snowflakes look WAAY BETTER in 3D!)
8) I've never been a big fan of the original Snow Queen story, and I love how Disney has taken the characters from Han Christian Andersen's fairy tale and woven their own story.
7) You will never guess how the movie ends! I had to revise my predictions constantly throughout the movie, and I still got it wrong. When a kids' movie can surprise all the jaded, sophisticated grownups in the theater, you know it's a good one.
6) You'll get a kick out of hearing Anna -- a princess in a far-away, fairytale land -- use contemporary expressions like "For the first time in forever" and "Awkwaaaaard!".
5) The fun begins even before the movie starts, with a cute black-and-white Mickey cartoon that ends in glorious color. And just when you think the movie is over, you get to enjoy a disclaimer and short clip that will make you laugh -- so make sure you stay through all the credits!
4) I thought Disney's golden age of animated musicals (Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin) was over and gone, but I've found myself humming the songs from Frozen almost every day since I watched the movie!
3) Of course, Idina Menzel (voice of Elsa; she's the original Elphaba in Wicked) could sing the phone book, and everyone would be enthralled. Her duets with Kristen Bell (voice of Anna, I had no idea she could sing!) are amazing. I can totally see Frozen being turned into a Broadway musical!
2) I'm a sucker for a movie where princesses take the reins and save the day instead of leaving things up to the men.
1) I'm a sucker for a movie where love conquers all.
Disclosure: I received complimentary admission to an advanced screening of Frozen. All subsequent viewings of the movie (and there have already been several!) are at my own expense. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.