I'm a Sony Walkman Runner!


Sony Walkman Runners


At the beginning of this year I resolved to balance out my life and turn off the computer more often so I can make more time for fitness and family in 2010. But I have an obsessive-compulsive nature, and when I'm deep into blogging I find it all too easy to tell myself that I simply must finish a post or reply to a potential lead in order to put off my workout. Alfie all too frequently points out that it seems I'm as deep into my blogs as ever, something which I would vehemently dispute -- but now, I'm putting my money (or my motivation) where my mouth is.

Fortunately, Sony has come to the rescue and is giving me some much-needed motivation to get fit and healthy by combining two things that I love to do -- blogging and running. They've selected me to participate in their Marathon Sponsorship Program this fall! They are sponsoring the Rock 'N Roll Marathon series -- my very first half marathon was the San Jose Rock 'N Roll several years ago, and I'm so excited about this great opportunity!

My body doesn't have the stamina to do a full marathon, but I'll be running in a half marathon in November and blogging about it all the way. Sony will be providing me with a W-Series Walkman to entertain me during my training and during the run itself, as well as a Bloggie PM5 video camera so I can record my experiences and share them with everyone.

Stay tuned for future posts -- I've still got to choose an event and register for it. And, oh, yeah, there's that little matter of training for it! Pardon the pun, but I've got a long road ahead of me and I hope you'll be with me every step of the way.


Disclosure: Thanks to Sony for sponsoring my registration fee in the marathon or half-marathon of my choice. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada