Yummie Tummie Ruffle Top




Have you seen Yummie Tummie's 2010 Spring Collection yet? My two favorite items are the Ruffle Top and the Cowlneck Tank . Unfortunately the Cowlneck Tank is all sold out but the Yummie Tummie folks must have read about how I'm slobbering all over the Ruffle Top, because they sent me one to review!


Here's my attempt to recreate the photo of the Yummie Tummie model:


Not bad considering the location was my bedroom, not some hi-tech studio, and my six-year old son was the photographer, using a point-and-shoot camera that's older than he is.



It's a really adorable top! The ruffle is flirty and fun, and makes me feel like I should be heading off to Vegas and partying at The Palms for Spring Break.

But, pssssst! I'll let you in on a little secret.

I'm not a college student anymore.

Which means I have a bit more flab and a bit less fab than when I was actually young enough to go on Spring Break. But never fear, this is a Yummie Tummie top, so it smooths out all the flabby bits without making you feel like you can't breath, or make you look like some burrito bursting at the seams because it's got a little too much filling. The material is more cotton-y, not shiny and Lycra-ish like underwear, so you can wear it on its own. Truth be told, I wouldn't have the guts to wear this top if it weren't a Yummie Tummie.

One thing to note: the ruffle badly needed ironing after I put it in the wash -- but the care instruction tag had a big NO IRON symbol on it. I ironed it anyway (just the ruffle, not the tank itself) on a cooler setting, using a cotton napkin to shield the fabric because I was terrified I'd scorch it and ruin my cute new top. It turned out fine.

One other tip I'd give is to order your Yummie Tummies true to size so you take full advantage of its Slimming Superpowers. Against my fellow Yummie Tummie Brand Ambassador Cat's advice, I ordered a size larger than I usually do (I haven't been exercising and I thought I had moved up a size), and as a result, the neckline is a bit looser and the material wrinkles a bit at the waist. My fault, not theirs.

So ladies, the moral of the story is, Trust in The Force their sizing chart. They're like the gods of shapewear; they really do know best. And despite my sizing error, I love this top -- I think it looks hot and I intend to shimmy in it all through the spring and summer!

Maybe I should book a room at The Palms after all.


Disclosure: I am a Yummie Tummie Brand Ambassador and occasionally receive complimentary samples of their clothing (including the item in this review). I was not paid to review the product or give my opinions. Unless clearly stated, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.

3 Comments, Leave yours here:

Unknown on March 24, 2010 at 1:41 PM said...

That top is adorable! I'd never heard of Yummie Tummie before now, but I'm going to hit their site right away!

Leticia- Tech Savvy Mama on March 25, 2010 at 5:00 PM said...

That is so cute on you and I would have had no idea it was a little too big!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GAWD, Who doesn't have YUMMIE'S yet??? missing out ladies :))

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada